We’ve had some odd behaviour from CaRP, the server software that parses BANPC RSS feeds into something the aggregator page can display. Our webhost notified us of these problems and kindly disabled the offending file, rather than suspending the entire account, as another webhost I can name.
But we still had to do something to display the feeds, and I decided to take the opportunity to try a few improvements that I’ve been considering for a while. The feed is now being managed by Google Reader, and while I’m not yet happy with how the headlines are being displayed, we do now have a working RSS feed on the side.
The changeover was also an opportunity to do a spring cleaning of sites which had stopped posting, or were no longer connecting to the BANPC. If you see your site missing, and feel it has been in error, then please drop me an e-mail and I’ll correct it.
Further changes will come in the next couple of days as I figure out what Google Reader can do, and also adjust the site’s appearance to be just the way I like it. I ask for your patience in the interim.